Graphite Manufacturing Laborer ($17 - $20/hourly)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Multiple positions available.
Rotating 12 hour shifts (7a - 7p)
Why work for Pyrotek:
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent benefit plan
- Annual Safety Incentives (can include a paid day off!)
- Rotating 12 Hour Schedules
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- Safety PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided, Boots & Prescription Safety Glasses (after 90 days)
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
This position performs normal laborer work that includes cleaning, cutting, and boxing of products. Assists regular operators in the performance of their operations when required. Available for general clean-up duties.
- Ability to handle materials manually or with hoist, slings, fork trucks, etc.
- Ability to perform routine work such as cleaning, cutting, boxing stock and loading/unloading of capsules.
- Accurately label materials used in the department.
- Ability to drive fork trucks to transport materials and equipment.
- Ability to perform manual labor as directed.
- Assist regular operators when workload requires it, under the direction of either a supervisor or an operator to whom he is assigned. Responsibility not restricted to direct assistance.
- Maintains and keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Promptly reports all maintenance or safety needs.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and machine tools while working.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. So please watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High school diploma or GED equivalency.
Core People Skills. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to bend and reach, lift up to 65 pounds occasionally. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Moderate background noise.
- Presence of natural and artificial light.
- Exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled.
- Hard working surfaces for standing and walking.
- Moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust.
#manufacturing #manufacturingjobs #pyrotekcareers #pyrotekhiringnow #nowhiring
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice