Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 2:30 pm - 12:30 am
Responsible for the processing of gaskets and caster tips utilizing CNC routers and cutter.
Salisbury Pyrotek is a great place to work! Check out our Video!
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Performance and salary reviews at 90, 180 days
- Cross training for all team members
- Generous team member referral program
- Training opportunities & promoting from within
- Uniforms provided
- PPE gear provided (includes boots and prescription safety glasses)
- Pyrotek Swag throughout the year
- Plant performance team lunches
- Collaborative, Innovative and Team Environment
- Four-Day Work Weeks
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
- Continuously and efficiently operate Multicam, Onsrud, and Gerber CNC machines.
- Proficiently operate fork truck to transport raw materials and finished goods to and from work area.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for maintaining proper storage and maintenance of tools for production needs.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
Education/Experience: High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
- Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Performance Management: Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
- Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers and hand or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 70 pounds. Communicated effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot (+90F) and cold (-50F) environmental conditions.
#pyrotekhiring #manufacturingjobs #MachineOperator #cncmachine
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice