Hearth Production Associate - $250 Sign-On Bonus (Day Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
2 Day Shift Openings: M-F 4:30 am - 2:00 pm
Sign-On Bonus: $250** Wage: Starts at $16 per hour
Sign-On Bonus is paid after 60 days of employment.
Hearth Production Associates are responsible for casting, painting and packaging of ceramic hearth products for gas appliance.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Must Haves: High school diploma or GED equivalency, preferred. Prior experience working in a manufacturing/production environment preferred.
- Cast, paint and/or package ceramic hearth products. Ensure work processed are followed and end product meets quality and customer specifications.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and wear proper PPE at all times.
- Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Stacking and organizing parts carefully.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds.
Majority of time will be in a warehouse manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice