Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Join us at our onsite job fair! Wednesday, August 18, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Tours, interviews, and offers made same day! Bring an updated resume or prior work history, dress for manufacturing environment, long pants and closed toe shoes. Personal Protective Equipment provided for tours. Covid safety protocols in place to ensure visitor and employee safety.
First Shift: Monday - Thursday, 6:00 am - 4:30 pm
Columbia City Pyrotek is a great place to work!
- Team Member of the Month (up to 5 hours of paid time off & $$)
- Team Member Appreciation (coveted parking spot)
- Four Day Work Week
- Birthdays and special occasions recognized
- Regular performance and salary reviews
- Great team oriented and collaborative team members & management
Slitter Operators are responsible for the processing of wire mesh material. Follows priorities and sequences in producing material to meet Tinplate Filter production requirements.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions.
- Capable computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access ADP team member Self Service. General entry level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Competent ability to achieve hourly production requirements.
- Ability to read and understand basic drawings.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills, including forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
- Ability to be certified and operate a forklift proficiently and safely.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED), plus a minimum one (1) year manufacturing/machine operation experience; or equivalent combination of education and work/life experiences.
- Safety and effectively operate both straight knife and rotary blade slitters.
- Accurately identify and pull different wire mesh materials.
- Ensure setup of each job is based on work order instructions/prints and slit material to allow maximum amount of material out of each roll.
- Thoroughly read work order instructions and efficiently carry out directions and multitasking where necessary.
- Safely operate forklift to maneuver material.
- Complete quality checks and immediately notify supervisor of any out of tolerance readings.
- Ensure supervisor is notified of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements in a timely manner.
- Perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; continuously required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel. Frequently maneuver/handle material weighing up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, and basic calculator.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions.
#pyrotekhiring #manufacturing #manufacturingjobs #pyrotekcareers #columbiacitymanufacturingjobs #pyrotek #fourdayworkweek #nowhiring #machineoperator
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice