Warehouse/Production Coordinator ** $250 Sign-On Bonus
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Santa Fe Springs, California
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Sign-On Bonus: $250 **
** Sign-On Bonus is paid after 60 days of employment.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Responsible for the coordination of site warehousing and production operations and establishing priorities and sequences for the warehouse and production.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems. Working knowledge of Office Products, preferred.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion.
Job Specific Skills/Abilities. Ability to determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates. Ability to complete hourly production boards/hourly tracking. Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills to measure and calculate work materials, including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division. Ability to obtain licensing/certification to operate forklift and scissor lift. Ability to operate light machining/manufacturing equipment- milling, grinding, drilling and assembly. Ability to read and understand basic drawings and work instructions. Ability to maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements. Ability to be flexible in work schedule beyond a normal workday.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or GED, plus a minimum 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing/machine operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess valid driver’s license.
Perform the following in support of Warehouse Operations:
- Operate electronic weight, printing and computing equipment, including bar code scanners.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability and damages and discrepancies for reporting, accounting and record-keeping.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Routinely check ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system for open back-orders that require printing.
- Generate shipment due report and print pick lists and/or inter-branch transfers.
- Perform cycle counts to ensure internal inventories are accurate.
Perform the following Production Operations:
- Assisting in the overall direction, coordination of Santa Fe Springs production employees regarding completeness, quality and on-time production.
- Operating light machining/manufacturing equipment – milling, grinding, drilling and assembly
- Drive company vehicle to make customer and/or vendor deliveries.
- Perform pre- use check of forklifts and complete record keeping.
- Perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks on production equipment.
Perform the following in regard to Quality, Safety & Continuous Improvement:
- Ensure all employees are working safely and following safety guidelines.
- Ensure machine safety devices are maintained as designed.
- Identify and recommend ideas to improve the processes within the warehouse/production area.
- Notify engineering per any changes needed in work order masters.
- Observe all federal, State, local, customer health, Safety, Health and Environmental rules and regulations.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; continuously required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle and feel. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Frequent team maneuvering/handling material weighing up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer and basic calculator.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works most of the time in a warehouse environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice