Saw Operator (2nd Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We have availability for 2nd shift or 3rd Shift.
2nd Shift. Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
3rd Shift. Monday - Friday 10:00 pm - 6:00 am
Saw Operators are responsible for cutting raw material per specifications for the machine shop while maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Why work for Pyrotek:
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent benefit plan
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Popcorn Thursday's!
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- Safety PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is provided (can include prescription safety glasses, as well).
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application/resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
- Set up and operate vertical and horizontal band saw equipment to produce high quality parts within acceptable time and quality standards by performing routing operations through repetition.
- Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, material specifications, and locations.
- Clearly label and properly complete documentation for all processed material.
- Run more complicated operations or machines under the supervision/guidance of a supervisor.
- Load raw material by lifting stock into position manually or with hoist. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces to produce high quality parts adhering to acceptable international standards.
- Ensure clear communication with team members by documenting and communicating actions taken on work orders, irregularities in materials and equipment and continuing needs as they arise to maximize capacity.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, assisting in troubleshooting malfunctions, replacing worn tools and reporting issues for repairs.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or equivalent. 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Applications Skills. Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches. Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools (tape measure) or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Proficient with math skills, simple calculations involving fractions and decimals. Ability to use hoists, hand tools and other instruments.
Core Business Skills. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light. Hard-working surfaces for standing and walking. May require the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice