Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Facilitate the safe and efficient picking, kitting, preparation, packaging and transportation of product for shipment to our customers.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as work orders, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals, perform computerized transactions, and use barcode scanners to transact movement of inventory.
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to read and understand basic drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
- Ability to perform mathematical skills in the form of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: warehousing, shipping, fulfilling daily order demands. Must able to meet NYS DOT licensing qualifications.
- Transport products to/from work site or shipping areas using material handling equipment.
- Examine job packet, order information and shipping documents. Inspect, weigh, measure, count prepared cargo. Verify package is complete. that company quality standards are met.
- Build pallets and crates using hand and power tools. Wrap and label packages as indicated on work order.
- Prepare shipping transaction and documents. Take photos and complete required records.
- Load and unload materials onto or from trucks, pallets, trays, racks, and shelves. Assist outside truckers to properly load cargo.
- Maintain and monitor accurate inventory levels.
- For international shipments determine proper materials, log and stamp lumber as required.
- Safely operate fork trucks, overhead crane, electric pallet jack and other industrial vehicles for which training has been completed and qualification achieved and maintained.
- Work safe; operate tools and equipment as instructed and only as intended by the manufacturer. Ensure tools and other items are safely and properly stored.
- Maintain records as needed by the department (paperwork and computer transactions).
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Perform housekeeping tasks regularly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, and repetitive hand movements to build and move shipping containers. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employees performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice