Business Development Manager - Foundry Division
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Pyrotek is looking for a competitive, hardworking and dynamic individual with experience in the aluminum foundry industry to lead the growth of Pyrotek's line of capital equipment supporting the U.S. aluminum foundry market.
Primary responsibilities will entail:
- Leading the commercial activities, with the support of Pyrotek's technical sales team, of capital equipment and large refractory shapes in the aluminum foundry vertical market segment.
- Help coordinate order fulfillment of capital projects with Pyrotek's 3 North American equipment manufacturing facilities.
- Project management coordination for equipment and multi-plant system sales.
- Help direct after-market sales and field service support.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline, plus a minimum of 7-10 years’ industrial technical sales experience working in a related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA a plus. Demonstrated success selling capital equipment. Experience with aluminum melting and holding furnaces, as well as a metal transfer system strongly preferred.
In addition to these qualifications, this role is for you if you are:
- A team seller. You enjoy being part of a team and thrive in team selling situations. Pyrotek has a large direct technical sales team to help you accomplish the mission!
- Goal oriented. You like to set, strive and achieve objectives in your professional and personal life.
- Customer centric. Most people believe they are customer centric, buy you must be committed through demonstrated believes AND actions to going above and beyond to help our customers.
- A problem solver. Every day, every week brings new issues to tackle and if you see these as a burden rather than a challenge to overcome, this role may not be for you.
- Responsive to our customers and internal team members.
- Well organized and have a good attention to detail.
- Accountable. No one is perfect but you must be someone unafraid of meeting defined success measures and who takes ownership when outcomes don't meet expectations.
- A Golden Ruler. Whether it is with customers or team members, we want to foster and environment of mutual respect, trust, integrity and inclusiveness.
- A lifelong learner. There is a lot to know in our industry and our company and an innate general inquisitiveness and desire to continue learning are essential for success in Pyrotek.
- Ability to travel by land and air, both domestically and globally up to 50%. Current US Passport or ability to obtain. Ability to maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek's driving record requirements.
Work in both an office and factory (foundry) floor environment. Will be required to go into manufacturing areas, as needed and be comfortable working in close proximity to molten aluminum.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required while visiting our customers operations due to possible exposure to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, high temperature materials, vibration, and/or moving vehicles. The noise level in manufacturing plants and job sites can be loud.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice