Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manufacture precast shapes, furnace demolition and refractory installation.
- Following standard operation procedures, mix, pour and vibrate refractory concrete into forms and molds.
- Install plastic refractory material using pneumatic ramming hammers and refractory gunnite material using Reed Guns.
- Accurately set up precast molds.
- Ensure both internal and outside customer demands are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and required PPE is worn at all times.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Must Haves: High school diploma or GED. Valid driver’s license. Valid passport. Experience working with concrete a plus.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to understand when there is a problem and report it to their lead in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short notes and memos. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions and work orders.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide figures to include fractions and decimals.
- 95%-100% travel is required to customer sites within the U.S. to perform work. Additional international travel is possible depending on workload and skill requirements. Maintaining a valid passport is required for international travel.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand. Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs, talk or hear, and lift or carry 10-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, occasionally exposed to warm or hot conditions (non-weather), dust and hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment can be high. Proper personal protective equipment is required at all times.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice