Systems Operator -Second Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 2:30 pm - 12:30 am
Serve as a floating resource in the production of ceramic fiber caster tips, transfer shapes, coating and gaskets. Support all production activities, including the operation of related machines and batching systems, such as hydraulic presses, mixers, batch systems, vacuum forming, and tooling.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
Computer/Applications Skills: Basic computer skills and the ability to learn and become proficient in a variety of software applications systems related to production/team member activities, including materials management, recording labor hours and accessing team member self-service portals.
Performance Management: Ability to read and understand basic product drawings. Ability to understand basic production scheduling. Ability to use or learn to use forklift. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers and perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
Core Business Skills: Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), plus a minimum of one year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training; or equivalent combination of education, work or life experience.
- Continuously and efficiently operate hydraulic presses, PLC batch and vacuum forming systems, Hobart mixers, drying ovens, and other specialty support equipment.
- Proficiently operate fork truck to transport raw materials and finished goods to and from work area.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for maintaining proper storage and maintenance of tools for production needs.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring new opportunities to add value.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Promote positive team member and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the team member is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers and hand or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 70 pounds. Communicated effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Team member is regularly exposed to noise, hot (+90F) and cold (below 50F) environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice