Shipper / Receiver
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Obtains parts for orders and packages goods to ensure on-time shipment. Uses packing list/bills of lading to verify the accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments and orders. Documents damages and discrepancies for future reimbursement and reconciliation.
- Support Pyrotek continuous improvement initiatives including 5S, Lean and Kaizan.
- Assure on-time shipment of warehouse parts.
- Package parts for shipment in/on a variety of different types of packaging. Securely store all finished products in/on proper pallets.
- Verify count and part number of items prior to packaging.
- Verify and document incoming and outgoing freight versus packing list/bills of lading.
- Assure proper storage of department supplies.
- Maintain timely communication with supervisor to advise of changes to expectations that affect order commitments.
- Assist in completing cycle counts as requested.
- Conduct a visual quality check of incoming and outgoing warehouse parts.
- Assist with the coordination of shipping priorities within the department.
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing freight.
- Act as a backup to all positions in the Shipping / Receiving area.
- Assist and train other Shipper/Receivers as necessary.
- Promote positive team member and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program. Support ISO systems and personnel.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Maintain license on plant material handling equipment.
Presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures including ambient and controlled. Light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust. Moderate background noise. Hard working surfaces for standing and walking.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent, plus 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing shipping environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to operate electronic weight, printing and computing equipment including bar code scanners.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Shipping/Receiving. Ability to uses hoists, and various hand and power tools such as band and circular saws, weigh scales, foam generating equipment and banding equipment. Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints. Ability to obtain licensing/certification to operate forklift, and scissor lift.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice