Assembler - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday 4:30 pm - 3:00 am
Responsible for the processing of MgO (Magnesium Oxide) material into finished and semi-finished product via various machine operations and assembly techniques.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Capable computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access ADP Employee Self Service. General entry level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Performance Management. Ability to understand and perform basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Ability to develop functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Competent ability to achieve hourly production requirements.
Manufacturing Skills. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator. Proficient electromechanical abilities.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development (departmental cross-training) and learning (press troubleshooting).
Education/Experience A minimum of two (2) years of manufacturing or fabrication experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Process MgO material into finished and semi-finished product via various machine operations and assembly techniques, to include:
a. Accurately reading work order instructions and carryout operations as required.
b. Proficiently operate Straightener, obtaining hourly production rates and timely recording of materials and hourly production tracking boards.
c. Timely and accurate assembly of components, interconnect wiring/sub assemblies and finished goods
d. Following priorities and sequences in producing product to meet Thermocouple customer requirements.
e. Accurately and proficiently complete all quality checks and immediately notify Team Leader of any out of tolerance readings.
f. Notifying the Team Leader immediately regarding any barrier in meeting production requirements.
2. Continuously keep work area clean at all times, including machine and floor.
3. Perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks as assigned.
4. Continuously identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
5. Promote positive team member and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
6. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
7. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
8. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
9. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
10. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
11. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the team member is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers and handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally team lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 75 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, basic calculator and telephone. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member primarily will work solely within a climate-controlled manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Team member is occasionally exposed to noise (hearing protection is required), heat and cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice