Assembler (1st Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Monday - Thursday, 5:45 am - 3:45 pm
Working from basic blueprints, sketches or oral/written instructions, accumulates parts, assembles, disassembles, and performs minor alterations on a variety of standard components.
- Following blue-prints or written instruction perform bench and floor work as assigned to assemble, construct, build and repair parts for; degassing equipment, metal pumps and similar units. May require grinding, sanding, cementing, wrapping and painting; and laminating.
- Accurately mixing cement as needed.
- Efficiently set up or adjust equipment. Ensure assemblies are altered or adjusted for a specified fit or specification range.
- Use hoists and tow motors to safely move parts and materials for assembly.
- Assist quality inspectors when requested to ensure finished products meet quality standards.
- Perform general daily clean-up work of work area, including but not limited to; sweeping, cleaning cement, wiping down area.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels using handheld scanner and barcode technology.
- Promote positive team member and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Required to wear personal protection equipment in designated areas, such as respirators, safety shoes and safety glasses. Must be able to stand and walk for long periods on hard surfaces.
Work in a manufacturing environment where the following applies: presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures including ambient and controlled, light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, and moderate background noise
High School Diploma/GED, plus a minimum of two (2) years manufacturing or assembly experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Core Mechanical Skills. Mechanically Inclined. Demonstrated ability to use a variety of hand and power tools. Ability to operate instruments of maintenance shop including forklifts, cranes and hoists. Solid understanding of basic mathematics. Ability to read, comprehend blueprints, drawings, and/or written instructions.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Ability to use handheld scanner to log parts.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to read basic, non-complex blueprints, drawings and sketches. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice