Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. Flex hours after initial training period, required (day shift)
Responsible for material movement and handling, receiving, loading, unloading, transporting, packaging and crating, stocking, order filling, shipping, and transacting.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to set effective priorities and adjust quickly and appropriately to changing demands and needs. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to operate bar code scanners. Working knowledge and experience with shipping/receiving and inventory control modules within an Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) system.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to uses hoists, and various hand and power tools such as steel cutters, crowbar and claw-hammer, band and circular saws, weigh scales, foam generating equipment and banding equipment. Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints. Ability to obtain licensing/certification to operate forklift, and scissor lift.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of three (3) years warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) is a plus (Visual Manufacturing)
- Actively participate and support Pyrotek continuous improvement initiatives including 5S, Lean and Kaizan.
- Following standard operation procedures, efficiently perform general warehouse functions including:
a. Receiving and shipping. Support shipping and receiving department.
b. Material handling. Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand, power hoist, or forklift from work orders or pager requests.
c. Stocking. Perform periodic cycle counts and record data
d. number of units of materials moved or handled using bar code scanner. Identify and communicate discrepancies to supervisor promptly upon discovery.
e. Packaging and Crating. Assure proper storage of inventory items, attach identifying tags or labels to material or mark information on boxes, crates or other containers as needed.
f. Warehouse. Perform day-to-day tasks as necessary to meet business need to include:
i. Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production or assembly workers.
ii. Mark materials with identifying information, using stencil, crayon, or other marking device.
iii. Arrange stock parts in specified sequence for assembly.
iv. Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence, such as size, type, style, color, floor locations or product code.
g. Inventory. Perform inventory transactions in ERP system
- Ensure both internal and outside customer demands are met in a timely manner.
- Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of warehouse.
- Ensure proper use of warehouse equipment and proper PPE required at all times.
- Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Job requires moderate amount of time working at a PC and effective use of a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Frequently required to stand or walk. Communicating effectively by telephone, in person and in writing is required.
Presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures including ambient and controlled. Temperature variations within plant environment based on seasons. Light to moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust. Moderate background noise. Hard working surfaces for standing and walking. Majority of time will be in a warehouse environment where PPE may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice