Credit and Collections Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing, administering and supporting Pyrotek’s USA credit and collection department. As a working manager, reviews and approves new and existing customers, evaluates and approves orders to be released or put on hold, monitors collection efforts and issues, and mediates internal and external customers to keep Pyrotek’s best interests in perspective.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer, recommend and update Pyrotek’s USA Credit Procedures including Credit and Collection policies in compliance with global guidelines.
- Audit company-wide delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad-debt status to account.
- Analyze collection reports, activities and results to evaluate effectiveness of current collections policies and procedures.
- Monitor USA aging, including close analysis of potential delinquencies and bad debt provisions and action appropriately.
- Evaluate credit risk, providing recommendations for returning customers to compliance with agreed upon credit limits and aging, or for further collection actions which may need to be pursued.
- Develop strategies and goals to reduce exposure to bad debt write-offs.
- Provide training and direction on credit policies, procedures and software tools to credit analysts.
- Oversee periodic customer account reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
- Actively review and approve all local accounts with limit requests exceeding $50K. Coordinate and listen to concerns and share recommendations with Management prior to final approval of limit increases.
- Audit and ensure compliance of customer static data, including account overrides, as per global policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely preparation, analysis, and distribution of required reports.
- Manage the timely preparation of bankruptcy filing documents, correspondence, and communications with bankruptcy courts, trustees, and attorneys in support of claims made by Pyrotek.
- Manage relationships and activities of outside collection agencies for customers that require further legal action.
- Supervise, coach support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
- Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your credit team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
- Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times. 19. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- As a member of the management team, promote and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, plus a minimum of five years of commercial credit and collections experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NACM (National Association of Credit Management) accreditation a plus.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Displays humility and adaptability. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Entrepreneurial attitude toward work center excellence.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/staff.
Strategic Change Agent. Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions. Ability to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek and actively lead in development/execution of strategic goals and objectives related to assigned responsibility.
Leadership Skills. Build a culture of tolerance, acceptance and civility by setting an example to staff. Ability to coach and motivate staff in planning, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Ability to effectively manage team projects to completion according to schedule. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives. Ability to develop staff skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving processes and procedures.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient MS Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Proficiency with CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) software a plus.
Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Strong financial analytical capabilities. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Displays willingness to make decisions and work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Highly organized, detail oriented, self-disciplined and have a sense of ownership. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability managing bankruptcy proceedings from a creditor’s perspective.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development and life-long learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives. Demonstrated passion for developing others.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice