Accounts Payable Clerk
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm (part remote/office)
Responsible for processing all accounts payable functions within the Finance Team.
- Communicate with vendors regarding status of invoice payments and process invoices in accordance with accounting policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate payments to vendors.
- Research and respond to vendor and internal customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Research discrepancies between vendor invoices and receiving documents.
- Analyze, research and resolve payment issues.
- Resolve discrepancy issues in collaboration with Accounting Team.
- Identify potential processing inefficiencies to improve departmental workflow.
- Identify and resolve any unusual or questionable invoices, prices or coding.
- Maintain confidentiality in the handling of all personal and legal information related to Pyrotek employees, products and business relations.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED, plus five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Excellent verbal and written communication with company employees and vendors, maintain positive relationships. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Experience with data entry and database systems. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system required.
Accounts Payable/Payroll. Ability to proficiently use a 10-key calculator. Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management, organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume-environment. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally, work in an office environment.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice