Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 4:30 pm
Supervise and coordinate daily activities of workers engaged in materials movement and handling, receiving, loading, unloading, transporting, order filling, shipping and maintaining stock in warehouse. This is a “working” position and requires hands on work in addition to supervisory responsibilities.
- Effectively oversee and monitor the performance of all functions within assigned area of responsibility. Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans; take appropriate corrective measures when necessary; and identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Supervise, support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance, resolving complaints, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hiring and terminations in a timely manner.
- Maintain control and integrity of inventory. Develop inventory storage plans to insure safe, efficient movement of inventory and optimal use of space. Ensure regular cycle counts are completed per financial reporting requirements. Review and improve workflow and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Review shipping and receiving demand, material movement requests, and ensure need is fulfilled. Ensure correct customs paperwork is maintained for international shipments.
- Ensure production goals are met by developing efficient and effective work schedules.
- Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of warehouse. Prepare requisitions for repair and replacement of equipment and tools.
- Perform day-to-day warehouse tasks as necessary to meet business needs.
- Champion the Pyrotek Quality program and ISO policies and procedures. Respond appropriately to requests for information, and help ensure timely investigation, causal analysis, and corrective action takes place.
- Within assigned areas, foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your assigned team toward excellence and acting with integrity and ethics. Create a work environment that helps foster the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward/recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in home department as well across the organization.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, is regularly required to talk or hear; continuously required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel. Frequently team maneuvering/handling material weighing up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment, telephone and basic calculator.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works within an office and warehouse/Manufacturing environment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within the manufacturing environment. Employee while in the warehouse/manufacturing environment is regularly exposed to dust, noise, heat and cold environmental conditions.
Education/Experience: Associate degree (AAS) in Business Administration or related discipline from a college or university and four years related experience including 1-2 years of warehouse management; or equivalent combination of education/training and Six plus years of related experience, including 1-2 years of warehouse management.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group people at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Core Leadership Skills. Ability to manage staff in planning, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement, to provide regular performance feedback and to write annual performance reviews. Ability to develop staff skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving processes and services. Maintains high ethical standards, values, personal integrity, and honesty. Builds a culture of tolerance, acceptance and civility by setting an example to staff.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer Applications/Customer Service Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application and systems. Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Proficient ability and working experience with shipping / receiving and inventory control modules within an ERP system. Visual experience and skills preferred. Must be able to set effective priorities and adjust quickly and appropriately to changing demands and needs.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Trained and certified in forklift operations and HAZMAT.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.