Intern - CNC
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Internship for approximately three (3) months. Monday - Thursday, 5:00 am - 2:45 pm (start / end time flexible). Up to 40 hours.
Under the supervision of a Production Supervisor, learn and perform required tasks involving operating CNC Machining within various assigned working stations throughout the plant. Assist CNC operators and machinist in the performance of their operations.
A detailed report of skills learned and obtained provided to educational institution for your references at the end of the Internship.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
General Skills. Ability to use a variety of hand and machine tools, such as a razor knife, staple gun, pneumatic drill, chipping hammer, hand saw, etc. Ability to handle material manually with hoist, slings, fork trucks, etc.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must Haves: High school diploma or GED equivalency and enrolled in a precision machinery or related technical school program.
- Under the direction of a Training Counselor, learn to operate and perform CNC Machining and tear down of fixtures and tooling.
- Read and interpret blueprints and standard work orders.
- Perform general manual labor tasks, requiring the use of hand and machine tools.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure conformance of finished part to specifications.
- Responsible for upkeep of the machines – cleaning, filling oils, filling coolants, and other production maintenance upkeep.
- Responsible for burring parts, checking parts, and filling out audit sheets.
- Become familiar with the production goals of the department; assist in meeting those goals through the application of best practices identified by Engineering and Management.
- Maintain and keep work area neat and orderly.
- Promptly report all maintenance or safety needs.
- Accurately complete all work-related documents as required.
- Actively and positively support all ISO systems.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work in a manufacturing plant environment with moderate background noise, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard working surfaces for standing and walking, and moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice