Quality Technician II
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:20 pm
Supports the manufacturing processes for all departments and provides quality testing services to other Pyrotek facilities as requested. Inspects or tests parts in all phases of production, test trails, product development and test finished goods.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to effectively use caliper, mics and various gauges required. Able to perform mechanical tasks, be observant and thorough. Ability to convert from English to metric unit and vice versa.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Proficient MS Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must Haves: Associates Degree in Applied Sciences, Math or Engineering, plus one (1) year of related experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Utilizing appropriate equipment, thoroughly test and inspect finished products and products.
- Ensure cross reference of certifications and check in of raw materials, as needed. Report defective materials, as required.
- Following proper quality testing procedures, accurately complete tests of raw materials, work in process, and finished good under the direction of the supervisor.
- Accurately record and analyze the results of inspections/tests, in order to decide whether to certify or reject specific products. Use data to help solve production issues and/or recommend improvements.
- Accurately write and prepare reports and summaries of work as required; maintain documented lab notebook of development activities where applicable.
- Ensure quality records are maintained in an organized fashion.
- Check randomly selected samples and verifies accuracy of process. Reports conditions requiring immediate repair.
- Examine material delivered, may accept or reject, based on conformance to specification. Keeps records and makes reports indicating results of inspections.
- Provide supplies and materials necessary for department operations and to support trials and experiments as directed by the supervisor.
- Accurately complete experiments and manufacturing trials under the direction of the supervisor.
- Safely load, unload, and move materials within the warehouse; Operate tensile tester and use hoist, as needed.
- Maintain clean work area and ensure all equipment used is in proper working condition. Coordinate maintenance of equipment in department.
- Actively support all ISO systems and personnel.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee will work in both an office and manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the employee may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.