Supply Chain Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop supply chain processes and strategy and translate strategy into action across all global operations.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Treats people with respect and inspires the trust of others.
Communication Skills. Effective communicator with skills that demonstrate collaboration and cooperation. Ability to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions and challenging comments. Ability to influence and negotiate for mutual benefit.
Change Agent/Strategic. Courage to make, and influence others to make, difficult decisions. Able to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek. Ability to actively participate with management in developing and managing strategic goals and objectives. Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications.
Leadership Skills. Build a culture of tolerance, acceptance and civility by setting an example to staff. Ability to coach and motivate staff in decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Ability to foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide teams toward excellence and a respectful, positive, transparent and collaborative environment. Ability to encourage team members toward a quality focus that includes improving processes and procedures.
Analytical Skills. Ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Strong financial analytical capabilities for developing profitable product strategies. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word & Excel. Aptitude to learn and understand Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system functionality, Visual Manufacturing software and other programs utilized on the job.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to identify and solve practical problems while dealing with complexity and ambiguity. Gathers and analyzes information carefully and develops alternative solutions. Understands business implications of decisions and actions. Is cost consciousness and conserves organizational resources. Able to set short-term and long-term goals even when conflicting priorities exist. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with a strong attention to detail. Proactive to find ways to improve.
Entrepreneurial. Knowledge of industry with ability to exploit that knowledge and accept risks to create opportunities. Ability to use skills and take initiative to anticipate needs and bring good new ideas to market.
Economics and Accounting. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and business practices. Ability to analyze data and understand the impact of supply chain on business outcomes.
Transportation. Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development and life-long learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives. Demonstrated passion for developing others.
Travel. Ability to travel by land and air, both domestically and globally up to 25%.
Bachelor of Science in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field, plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in supply chain functional roles with increasing responsibilities, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Executive level experience with proven track record of successful negotiations preferred.
US Passport or ability to obtain.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee the overarching strategy for supplier/commodity management of raw materials, outside services, components, Maintenance, Repair and Operation (MRO) and capital equipment to support global and regional operations.
- Alongside company executives, effectively managing corporate strategic vendor relationships to promote a strong supply base and create strategic alliances.
- Develop and implement supply chain initiatives to achieve Company objectives for cost reduction and working capital.
- Lead and develop the function of supply chain across the company, this includes training and development of the formal and informal supply chain leaders in Pyrotek.
- Develop and implement inventory strategies to achieve optimal inventory levels without sacrificing customer service levels (on time delivery).
- Oversee the development of functional tools, processes and/or procedures to build and strengthen existing supply chain foundations for continued growth in all business areas.
- Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
- Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your sales team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
- Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- As a member of the management team, promote and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, bend and reach, use stairs and lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person, and in writing, and effectively use a personal computer, telephone, and office equipment. This position is moderately active and requires standing, walking, and bending. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety shoes, glasses, and hearing protection.
Generally work in an office environment with occasional visits to manufacturing plants where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required due to possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration, and moving vehicles. The noise level in manufacturing plants and job sites can be loud. Travel may be required both domestic and international up to 25%.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice