Maintenance Technician (Second Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday with partial Friday hours. 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm.
First 3 - 6 months, training on 1st shift, 7:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Responsible for installing and maintaining the good condition and functionality of all industrial plant equipment needed for production operations. Performing preventative maintenance on all equipment, facilities and related property.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to read electrical schematics, ladder logic a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic automation troubleshooting and other systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Working knowledge of tools, common equipment and devices. Manual dexterity.
- Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions.
- Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions.
- Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations with other employees of the organization.
- Ability to understand when there is a problem and report it to their lead in a timely manner.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to work off shifts, respond to emergency call ins and support multiple job sites, when required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide figures to include fractions and decimals. Trained and certified in forklift operations.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED or Vocational Degree in a technical discipline, plus 5 years of maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in an industrial setting. Experience in repair/maintenance and installation/dismantling of industrial plant equipment.
Must Possess Valid Drivers License with good driving record.
1. Responsibilities to include:
o Working and troubleshooting PLC’s, controls wiring, switches, sensors, actuators, electromechanical devices, motors etc.
o Interpreting wiring diagrams, ladder diagrams and electrical schematics to trouble shoot and repair electrical equipment.
o Using necessary tools/equipment to work on with industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting (up to/including 480volt 3 phase).
o Operating of high voltage switchgear for shutdowns and repairs.
- Performing required work from sketches, blueprints and drawings.
- Diagnosing/repairing of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Installing and repairing of plumbing and piping.
- Performing basic welding, cutting and fabrication.
2. Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of production equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance. Includes: mixers, furnaces, conveyors, pumps, cranes/hoists, etc.
3. Ensure that tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available when needed.
4. Ensure both internal and outside customer demands are met in a timely manner.
5. Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of work area.
6. Ensure proper use of equipment and proper PPE required at all times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, kneeling and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds and power lifts, talk or hear. Employee is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position the employee will work in a manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the employee may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice