Shipping and Receiving Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 10:00 am - 6:30 pm, Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Responsible for shipping and receiving of materials. Ensures verification and recording of all records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure accurate and timely physical receiving of materials, against purchase orders and placement of materials in storage location via system transactions in Visual.
- Input received material into system and place in assigned storage location in a timely manner.
- Accurately perform periodic cycle counts.
- Ensure physical condition and cleanliness of warehouse is maintained.
- Effectively perform day-to-day warehouse tasks as necessary to meet business need.
- Actively participate in cross training in order to support other warehouse department functions.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work standard schedule beyond normal first shift schedule operations.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Job requires moderate amount of time working at a PC and effective use of a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Frequently required to stand or walk. Communicating effectively by telephone, in person and in writing is required.
Majority of time will be in a warehouse environment where PPE may be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open shipping doors. Minimal amount of outdoor work may be required loading/unloading flatbed trucks.
Education/Experience High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), plus a minimum of one (1) year of warehouse/receiving experience ad forklift operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to set effective priorities and adjust quickly and appropriately to changing demands and needs. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Must have basic skills in MS OFFICE Word, Excel, and Outlook. Working knowledge and experience with shipping/receiving and inventory control modules within an ERP system. Visual experience and skills a plus.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Warehouse Skills. Ability to safely and effectively use various hand and power tools such as steel cutters, radial arm saw, circular saw, weigh scales, foam packing equipment and banding equipment. Ability to read and interpret orders and shipping instructions. Ability to obtain certification to operate forklift (sit-down, standup, wave).
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice