Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: M-F 7am-3:30pm
Inspects finished products, products being processed, and incoming materials for conformance to company standards.
- Inspect and test product for conformance to specifications and to meet on time production deliveries. Compare results to specifications and complete necessary documentation of conformance. Keep records and make reports indicating results of inspections.
- Using appropriate equipment and instruments (calipers, strength testers, etc.), perform product inspections and tests.
- Assist in identifying final product issues and report concerns/issues to management in a timely manner.
- Observe production processes and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications. Reports necessary adjustments.
- Assist in internal and external quality audits as needed.
- Assist in scheduling calibration of equipment as needed.
- Apply and assure conformance to applicable Pyrotek ISO Standards.
- Support and assist production as needed. Occasionally working other shifts as needed Sunday - Thursday. Swing shift 3:00 pm- 11:30 pm- Graveyard 11:00pm- 07:30 am.
- Promote positive QA/Production relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, walk on concrete floors, lift or push up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature variations based on seasons, light to moderate amount of ceramic dust, and moderate background noise. Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required.
High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, with an emphasis in quality desired. Experience with calipers and various other gages is required.
Forklift certification preferred.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Quality Inspection. Ability to read and understand drawings, measurements, specification and tolerances. Ability to accurately use inspection tools, including calipers, gages, strength testers, etc. Flexibility to occasionally work swing or graveyard shifts per business need required. Ability to operate a forklift preferred.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.