Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
First Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing: machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipe and electrical systems in an industrial setting by performing the following duties.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.”
- Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Must Haves: Associate degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical School. Two plus year(s) related industrial maintenance experience. Or equivalent combination of education and related industrial maintenance experience.
- Visually inspects/tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with production associates, supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring and electrical and/or electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repair/replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repair/maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) operations.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made (as feasible) to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; continuously required to remain stationary, be mobile, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel.
Must be able to sit and or stand for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally team-lift up to 100lbs. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment, telephone and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works within manufacturing and office environments. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required within the manufacturing environment. Employee while in the manufacturing environment is regularly exposed to noise, heat and/or cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.