Engineering Programming Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
In collaboration with Hearth New Product Development Manager, Sales, Production, Engineering and Manufacturing, provide drawing and design support and technical documentation. Ensure adherence to compliance regulations and customer specifications. Responsible for producing machine programs and set-ups for computer numerical control (CNC) machine and lathes and maintaining quality and safety standards.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Operators, Managers, and Customers.
Engineering Technician Skills. Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings and geometric tolerances. Ability to effectively use and read measurements and engineering specifications. Ability to safely and effectively use table saw and basic hand tools, including hammer, saw, wrench, etc.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Experience in MS Project, a plus. Proficient in Solidworks or equivalent 3D design software. Experience with CNC machining (programming, tooling knowledge, and ability to read blueprints.) Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Proficient with math skills, especially geometric calculations. Ability to identify and implement improvements.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principals and fundamentals. Customer-focused aptitude.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
Travel. Ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
Must Haves: High school or GED equivalent, plus completion of a 2-year associate degree or Apprentice Program with concentration in engineering studies preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Perform drawing/design support and engineering documentation control, including change requests work instructions and BOM’s.
2. Interface with production, sales, engineering and manufacturing in a collaborative fashion to:
a. Create sketches in support of the quote process for sales.
b. Resolve customer complaints.
c. Assist in research and development of new product lines.
d. Assist in mold development to include basic design support.
3. Troubleshoot process/product problems as they arise, elevating critical concerns in a timely manner to management team.
4. Assist with mold and minor equipment maintenance.
5. Maintains all related documents/records.
6. Program mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches. Determination of calculating requirements to include: basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. G-code and/or conversational programming required.
7. Maintain specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
8. Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
9. Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
10. Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
11. Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
12. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
13. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
14. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
15. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
16. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
17. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
18. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Personal Protective Equipment will be required. Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Ability to travel by car/air 10% of time.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.