Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Second Shift: Monday - Friday, 2:15 pm - 10:45 pm
Summary: Responsible for the processing of gaskets and caster tips utilizing CNC routers and cutter. Hand load filter sub-components into semi-automatic stapling machine. Removes, inspect and pack finished product.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
- Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to read and understand basic drawings.
- Ability to understand basic scheduling.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical skills in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively.
Must Haves: High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
- Continuously and efficiently operate Multicam, Onsrud, and Gerber CNC machines.
- Proficiently operate fork truck to transport raw materials and finished goods to and from work area.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for maintaining proper storage and maintenance of tools for production needs.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring new opportunities to add value
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hand and fingers and hand or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 70 pounds. Communicated effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot (+90F) and cold (-50F) environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.