Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm (ability to flex to meet delivery demand, required)
Responsible for assisting with daily operations of warehouse and inventory functions in regard to manufacturing.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Enterprise Resource Planning software such as Visual Manufacturing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand basic planning and scheduling. Proficient knowledge of materials movement, inventory accuracy and cycle counting.
- Ability to proficiently and safely utilize hand tools, power saw and nail gun. Ability to proficiently operate and be certified to operate forklift.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year of warehouse/material handling experience and forklift operation. Valid drivers license with a clean driving record and ability to pass DOT physical is required.
- Proactively interface with Production Support Manger and Planner regarding daily schedule and order requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of required materials to required work station(s) and/or work area(s).
- Proactively monitor raw materials replenish point(s) of each work station and/or area as required for each work order and/or shift of operation.
- Ensure accurate recording of all inventory transitions within Visual via computer entry and/or hand-held scanners.
- Accurately packing and/or repackaging of materials as required via customer profile, work order or engineering master.
- Accurately packaging product in such a manner to ensure safe transport and to mitigate any possible damage which could occur through the shipping process.
- Proficiently and safely fabricate shipping crates/pallets per provided specifications to ensure safe transport of products.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks such as dust collector bags.
- Safely serve as Vendor Managed Inventory backup as needed, driving to customer in replenishing inventories and collecting inventory data for next order.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 50 pounds. While performing VMI deliveries the employee is required to drive a commercial van, obeying all State and Federal DOT laws. Communicate effectively in English via telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee primarily works in a warehouse/manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions when warehouse/manufacturing environment. Employee while performing the essential responsibilities of this position, occasionally works in an office environment.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.