Program Manager - Pyrotek Manufacturing Process
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as the program manager for development and implementation of the Pyrotek Manufacturing Process (PMP). The PMP will provide our manufacturing plants the principles, tools, training and roadmap to achieve a next generation level of manufacturing excellence. The Program Manager will coordinate with company management, key plant leaders and the corporate manufacturing team on the development of the PMP, appropriate success metrics and the architecture of a common culture in manufacturing. The Program Manager will roll the PMP out to our plants globally and develop training and education events both in person and via e-learning.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and locations.
- An understanding of global English and active listening/communicating with multiple cultures and speakers where English is a second language.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to present and explain system information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Experience as internal/external spokesperson regarding manufacturing and be an evangelist for cultural change in our manufacturing plants.
- Ability to work with external and internal partners, including global manufacturing centers, external machinery/systems suppliers and service providers.
- Ability to be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem solving. Strong analysis, design, and implementation experience.
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement and proactive approaches.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% both domestically and globally to support business needs. Valid US Driver License and current US Passport or ability to obtain.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field, plus a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a multiple flow path, job shop type manufacturing environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable proficiency leading factory wide lean manufacturing implementation including quantifiable, sustained results.
- Deep understanding of quality, process control, and problem solving principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated progression in the manufacturing profession with a core experience of successfully leading transformational change to a culture of accountability and continuous improvement in a manufacturing plant.
- Serve as the program manager for all development and implementation of the PMP. Lead cross-functional teams and prioritize efforts based upon Executive Management’s direction.
- Development and coordination of training in support of the PMP
- Consult with plant management and regional management team(s) on development / implementation of the PMP and definition of success metrics.
- Individual contributor with servant leadership skills that can be successful in an internal consultant role.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally work in an office environment and at Pyrotek manufacturing locations where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Frequently travel in personal vehicle and public transportation, including air travel.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.