Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounting Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to oversee the daily operation of the USA’s central accounting office. Ensuring a high level of timeliness, accuracy, and proper internal controls, this person will manage a team of accounting and clerical staff members in the performance of financial functions including accounts payable, cash receipts, general ledger reconciliation and maintenance and month/year end close.
Accounting Skills. Working knowledge of basic USGAAP based accounting principles and internal controls. Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply internal policies and procedures consistently in daily activities. Ability to comprehend the transactional flow of financial and manufacturing cost accounting data through an ERP system.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Strategic Change Agent. Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions. Ability to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek and actively lead in development/execution of strategic goals and objectives related to assigned responsibility.
Leadership Skills. Build a culture of tolerance, acceptance and civility by setting an example to staff. Ability to coach and motivate staff in planning, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Ability to effectively manage team projects to completion according to schedule. Ability to provide regular performance feedback and to write annual performance reviews. Ability to foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide teams toward excellence and a respectful, positive, transparent and collaborative environment. Ability to develop staff skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving processes and procedures.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including Microsoft Office Products, and ERP systems. Intermediate to advanced Excel skilled required.
Analytical Skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Displays willingness to make decisions and work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Highly organized, detail oriented and self-disciplined.
Must Haves: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, plus 5 years related experience including 2 of those years supervising a team or 3 or more on day-to-day, month-end, and year-end accounting processes. Experience working in a mid to large size company and/or manufacturing industry preferred. Experience working with internal and external auditors a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Oversee the Accounts Payable function to ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments, to include:
a. Making, reconciling, and clearing vendor prepayments
b. Ensuring vendor invoices are classified correctly in the general ledger
c. Reviewing and resolving any vendor billing issues
d. Supervising weekly check runs and electronic payments
2. Oversee the receipt and application of customer and other payments, ensuring each are recorded timely and applied correctly.
3. Interacting with intercompany locations to confirm balances to/from and help solve invoicing/billing issues.
4. Ensure monthly reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts.
5. Ensure month end closing processes proceed timely and predictably, including:
a. Pre-close activities completed by end of business on the last day of the month
b. Initial closing entries completed within three working days of month-end
c. Consolidation package report schedules are loaded by the fifth working day following month-end, and reviewed/updated until closing is complete
6. Assist as required with preliminary and year-end audit activities
7. Assist as required with data requests in support of annual income tax filings
8. Monthly and ad hoc data reporting and analysis from the ERP and other systems to Excel
9. Ensure application of continuous improvement methods, such as LEAN, to identify opportunities or implement changes to improve accounting processes or products or to reduce costs.
10. Supervise, coach support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
11. Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/staff. Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
12. Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide your team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
13. Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
14. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
15. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
16. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
17. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
18. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
19. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance.
20. As a member of the management team, promote and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
21. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing.
Generally works in an office environment.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.