LPC Machine Operator - 1st Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, IN
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Responsible for the operation of the Low Pressure Casting filter line.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions and company polices.
- Proficient computer skills, ability to work with a variety of software applications systems. Ability to clock into and out of jobs via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy.Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete hourly production boards/hourly tracking.
- Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusion.
- Ability to proficiently operate and be certified to operate forklift. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to read and understand basic drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to perform mathematical skills in the form of measurement and other work material calculations utilizing a calculator.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule beyond a normal workday.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
- Accurately measure granular and liquids in mixing of coating.
- Ensure understanding all the different LPC filter part materials.
- Accurately setup each job based on work order instructions/prints and operation of cutting machine.
- Read work order instructions and efficiently carry out directions and multitasking where necessary.
- Complete quality checks and immediately notify supervisor of any out of tolerance readings.
- Notify supervisor of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Perform daily cleaning of equipment and work cell.
- Package final product per specifications.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; continuously required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel. Frequently team maneuvering/handling material weighing up to 100 pounds. Communicate effectively in English, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, and basic calculator.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.