Machinist - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, OH
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday 2:15 pm - 10:30 pm
Responsible for producing parts while maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Tooling knowledge, and ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches.
- Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools (mics and calipers) or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient with math skills, simple calculations involving fractions and decimals.
- Ability to identify and implement improvements. Use of hoists hand tools and other instruments.
- Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates single operation machines such as band sawing, threading, tapping, pipe machining, drilling, turning, shouldering, grinding, and polishing.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization
- Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, material specifications, and locations.
- Run more complicated operations or machines under the supervision/guidance of a supervisor.
- Produce high quality parts within acceptable time and quality standards
- Load raw material by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces to produce high quality parts adhering to acceptable international standards.
- Perform routine operations through repetition.
- Assists other machine shop personnel as directed by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, assist in troubleshooting malfunctions, replacing worn tools and reporting issues for repairs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Physical / Sensory Requirements:
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.