Manufacturing Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane, WA
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as the program manager for technology integration efforts on factory floors across the globe. Analyzes manufacturing plants and processes and recommends appropriate implementation of technology to improve quality, reliability, customer satisfaction and/or cost position of company products. Leads the prioritization and implementation of defined technology solutions whilst managing plant, information system and engineering/R&D resources to accomplish the defined mission. Leads the development and annual maintenance of 5-10 year technology integration road map.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and locations.
- An understanding of global English and active listening/communicating with multiple cultures and speakers where English is a second language.
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including CAD/CAM, SCADA and/or ERP applications. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to present and explain system information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Experience as internal/external spokesperson regarding technology or strategy and with executive presentations. Experience with technical problem solving skills, with multitasking.
- Ability to work with external and internal partners, including global manufacturing centers, external machinery/systems suppliers and service providers.
- Ability to be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- Ability to use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem solving. Strong analysis, design, and implementation experience.
- Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement and proactive approaches. Experience with tool design, product/process risk assessment, equipment design automation, test methods development and validation, design validation and verification. Demonstrated experience with Lean, six-sigma, or continuous improvement methodologies a plus.
- Ability to travel approximately 50% both domestically and globally to support business needs. Valid US Driver License and current US Passport or ability to obtain.
Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field, preferably Engineering, plus a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a product development/manufacturing environment with a focus on integrating technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Serve as the program manager for all global manufacturing technology projects where automation, data acquisition or other manufacturing technologies are being implemented. Lead cross-functional teams and prioritize efforts based upon Executive Management’s direction.
- Consult with plant management and regional management team(s) on opportunities for automation, data acquisition and/or appropriate technologies to improve quality, reliability, customer satisfaction and/or cost position of company products.
- Plan and coordinate manufacturing processes for new product introductions. Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Work closely with project teams and has occasional contact with business development functions.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Ability to present complex data and/or trends in simple terms to all levels of the company.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally work in an office environment and at Pyrotek manufacturing locations where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Frequently travel in personal vehicle and public transportation, including air travel.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.