Trough filters deliver another stage of metal filtration prior to casting. Trough filters are in-line filtration devices, usually used between metal holding and casting.
Trough socks, also called windsocks, are inserted in the trough to remove large oxides and refractory debris while controlling flow. Trough socks resist flattening or distortion under pressure and can meet the demands of many applications. The custom presewn shapes can include a steel wire at the inlet to allow for quick sock changes.
- Prevents debris from entering degassing operations
- Improves metal quality by removing oxides and inclusions
- Reduces turbulence and scrap
- High strength at high temperature increases service life
- Ease of installation minimizes downtime
- Trough Socks
|112 Fibreglass Filtration Products EN||Datasheet||English|
|840 Filtration Solutions E4||Datasheet||English|