Industrial Sewing Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Responsible for sewing mesh bags for filters, various other materials for flex troughs, blankets, or pads in an industrial sewing environment.
** Position is eligible for a $250 sign-on bonus paid out at 60 days. **
- Read drawings and follow standard operation procedures to sew and assemble parts. Accurately and efficiently move process materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to manipulate fabric in a variety of weights, stiffness and coarseness with fingers. This includes folding, tucking, and pinching.
- Perform quality inspections and complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Clean work space and equipment as required.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and wear proper PPE at all times.
- Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Must Haves: HS Diploma or GED. Experience in an industrial setting using sewing machines or cutting is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Ability to accurately read drawings and follow standard operation procedures. Knowledge of lean manufacturing and 5S is a plus.
Must be able to up to 50 pounds occasionally. Frequently required to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to work with fiberglass, ceramic cloth, silica cloth, and various other materials frequently.
Majority of time will be in a manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open doors.
The minimum and maximum hourly range for this full-time position is $18.25 - $22.65 + benefits.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
$18.25 - $22.65
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice