Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Sanborn, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: 12-hour rotating schedule. 7am-7pm
Supervise and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a Graphite production team. Ensure organization and production goals are met and customer expectations are fulfilled. Provide hands-on support in addition to supervisory responsibilities, as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Effectively oversee, and monitor the performance and production needs of the graphite department, and impregnation production to include:
- Procurement of necessary materials using production equipment and a variety of machine tools.
- Loading and unloading baskets of stock from autoclaves. To include the use of hoists, slings, fork trucks, etc.
- Properly label materials leaving the department.
- Performing regular process control checks as required. Troubleshoot and resolve irregularities promptly, escalating to supervisors as appropriate.
- Directing team members in effectively meeting production goals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitoring performance of team members to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining specified scrap objectives.
- Testing of new raw materials to save on department costs.
- Coordinate with the maintenance department to ensure process equipment is maintenance schedules are met and maintained.
- Planning and scheduling production operations and shipments, to include inhouse work orders as well as external.
- Adherence to all ISO procedures and or supports ISO systems, with the goal being continuous improvement.
- Maintaining accurate inventory counts of parts and raw materials by utilizing Visual program, reconciling variances, and inputting data. Ordering department supplies as needed for production.
- Collaborating with and providing assistance to the Process Engineering Group in product and process development. Accurately performing process control checks, labeling materials used in the department.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices to achieve maximum efficiency and to ensure compliance with all ISO systems and personnel. Monitor team members to ensure compliance with established standards. all necessary production records and reports.
- Supervise, coach support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage team members, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience associate degree in a technical discipline, plus four (4) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment required. Previous experience in a lead/supervisory role preferred.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and across the globe.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Leadership Skills. Build a culture of tolerance, acceptance, and civility by setting an example to team members. Ability to coach and motivate team members in planning, strategic product management, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Ability to effectively manage team projects to completion according to schedule. Ability to provide regular performance feedback and to write annual performance reviews. Ability to foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide teams toward excellence and a respectful, positive, transparent, and collaborative environment. Ability to develop team member skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving product development processes and procedures.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems. Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member will work in both an office and manufacturing environment. While in manufacturing areas, the team member may also be exposed to moderate background noise, moderate amounts of airborne graphite dust, presence of natural and artificial light, exposure to work temperatures from ambient to controlled, hard surfaces for standing and walking. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
The minimum and maximum hourly range for this full-time position is $27 - $34 + benefits.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
For a full job description, click HERE.
$27.00 - $34.00 / hourly
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice