Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and grow Pyrotek sales of technical products and solutions (aluminum) to our core customers. Work closely with our world class technical sales team to develop and build long-term mutually beneficial relationships with Pyrotek’s SNIF customer base.
** Position is remote based with preference being given to candidates within commute distance of our Elmsford, NY, Cortland, NY, Columbia City, IN, or Aurora, OH locations. **
- Responsible for assigned territory/accounts. Tasks/responsibilities include:
- Establishing a working relationship with customer base to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Negotiating pricing, minimum order quantities and stocking agreements. Communicating changes in customer demands internally.
- Providing technical support to customers. Using positive internal collaboration, resolve problems on behalf of your customers.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor’s activities and industry applications future trends and requirements where Pyrotek equipment can be utilized. Employing approved counter measures to beat or contain competition. Recommending and implementing approved action plans to retain, regain and grow business.
- Monitor aluminium industry’s growth, expansions, and modernization efforts to seek out potential uses and customers for equipment sales.
- Prospecting for new customers.
- Developing and preparing customer proposals and agreements and presenting to management for final review prior to customer signing. Negotiating or supporting the negotiation by Pyrotek sales engineers and obtaining customer contract signature by project initiation.
- Assisting as needed to resolve customer accounts receivable issues.
- Actively strategizing with management on sales tactics. Developing and executing approved marketing plans for assigned territory/accounts.
- Establish and cultivate strong working relationships with customer base to meet and exceed their expectations by providing sales support for assigned divisions/products to include:
- Setting final new prices, margins, quotations on existing and new products or services.
- Fielding territory customer calls, receiving orders and responding to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishing positive and collaborative working relationships with internal sales engineers, manufacturing operations, applicable vendors and supplies to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Visiting customers at their facilities for the purpose of selling, building customer rapport, and/or training, as required to meet customer expectations.
- Research and resolve all customer problems and requests, including defining best products as a solution. Field and help bring to resolution complaints concerning billing or products. Document complaints and/or feedback from customers in a timely manner. Initiate RMA’s/customers credits when required.
- Work with customer service, operations and supply chain as needed to ensure order fulfilment expectations are met.
- Work closely with management on all nonstandard contract terms.
- Utilize CRM system to complete trip reporting and internal sales relationship communication in a timely manner. Ensure travel expense reporting is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide sales support to other sales managers and/or territories as needed.
- Seek out and negotiate customer test sites for experimental projects.
- Coordinate sales opportunities with counterparts responsible for other Pyrotek offerings.
- Provide feedback and input to Engineering on system improvements and deficiencies as well as recommendation made by users.
- Support the quality system through maintenance of an active working knowledge of the program, setting an example by adherence to requirements, participation in continuous improvement to processes and procedures, and internal auditing participation.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, metallurgy, or a related technical discipline, plus three (3) years of related work/sales experience in a technical or process related industry, preferably with engineered systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience utilizing a CRM tool, and/or other reporting functions to document client contact and supporting client operations. Experience with Visual CRM a plus. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Customer Service. Passion for providing a high level of customer service and business development activities along with an in-depth understanding of sales principles and customer service practices. Proven ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, and respond to requests for service and assistance. Ability to consistently meet commitments.
- Engineering Sales. Demonstrated success/aptitude in industrial business to business sales is a must. Strong mechanical and business sales acumen. Ability to build relationships and sell technical solutions in an industrial setting. Demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability and prices products and services accordingly. Demonstrated understanding and ability to analyze market and competition. Ability to identify external threats and opportunities. Understanding and ability to monitor industry application trends. Knowledge and skill in adapting strategy to changing conditions. Ability to set and achieve challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and ability to overcome obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Demonstrated ability to clearly document customer requirements for engineered systems and spare parts in the appropriate forms.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Works within approved budget. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement cost saving measures. Ability to maintains a thorough working knowledge of all the standard contract term including liability and warranty conditions. Ability to understand and consistently contribute to profits and revenue. Ability to effectively utilize organizational resources. Ability to understand organization's strengths and weaknesses and to align work with strategic goals.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, ERP and CRM Systems.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in person or over the phone in positive or negative situations. Able to listen and obtain clarification and respond well to questions.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with diverse group of people at all levels with internal and external customers. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Develops long term relationships and contacts with other Pyrotek Sales Engineers and Managers in the assigned regions.
- Travel. Ability to travel domestically and internationally by land and air up to 50% to customer facilities and occasionally overnight. US Passport or ability to obtain. Ability to maintain motor vehicle driving record in good standing, as defined by Pyrotek’s driving record requirements.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Requires traveling domestic and international by land or air up to 50%.
This position has the flexibility to work remotely from a home office within the assigned territory. During customer or Pyrotek site visits, team member is exposed to noise, heat, and cold environmental conditions when in the manufacturing environment. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in the manufacturing environments.
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $120k - $180k + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 31 days
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE,
#aluminumsales #capitalequipmentsales #manufacturingsales
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice