Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Cortland, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
** Starting wage $19.11 with the potential to earn more based on performance and experience. **
Facilitate the safe and efficient receipt, inspection, movement, storage and delivery of goods throughout the facility to support operations goals of optimal quality and on time delivery.
- Use fork life to safely and accurately receive incoming deliveries; to include:
- counting, weighing, measuring and examining goods to verify deliveries are complete, correct, damage free and dimensionally correct.
- Safely operate fork trucks, overhead crane, electric pallet jack and other industrial vehicles to store and deliver materials, parts, supplies, and equipment throughout the plant.
- Accurately document and perform computerized transactions relating to receiving, inspecting, storing, transporting and issuing materials.
- Precisely follow written & verbal instruction to pick parts, kit materials and transport goods throughout the facility.
- As requested, conduct accurate cycle counts and properly document inventory levels; escalating issues or discrepancies to Shipping and Receiving Supervisor.
- Under the direction of the Shipping and Receiving manager, provide support to shipping department with packaging requirements and pallet building.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. Ensure tools and other items are safely and properly stored. Perform housekeeping tasks regularly.
Why work for Pyrotek Cortland? Check out our video!
- Innovative and collaborative manufacturing plant
- Safety PPE provided (can include prescription safety glasses)
- Generous employee referral and recognition programs (includes $$ and paid days off)
- Regular performance and salary reviews
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), plus one year in a manufacturing, warehouse, or shipping environment preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
Must be able to complete NYS Hazmat DOT training on the job.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to read and understand documents such as work orders, policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Computer/Applications Skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Word. Ability to operate electronic weight, printing and computing equipment including bar code scanners.
Material Handling. Ability to use hoists, and various hand and power tools such as band and circular saws, weigh scales, foam generating equipment and banding equipment. Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints. Ability to obtain licensing/certification to operate forklift, or other equipment as needed.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time, this position requires standing, walking, bending, reaching, using stairs and repetitive hand movements. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Team members performing this job must be able to wear protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and a respirator as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
#cortlandjobs #materialhandler #manufacturingjobs
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice