CNC Operator (2nd Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
2nd Shift: 3:00 PM to 1:00 AM (Monday - Thursday; Friday TBD/Voluntary)
CNC Operators are responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read and understand directions, work instructions, work orders, set up sheets, packaging instructions and drawings.
- Proficient CNC machining skills (programming, tooling knowledge, and ability to read blueprints.) Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Understanding standard G & M codes used in programs. Ability to identify and implement improvements.
- Strong critical thinking skills, judgement and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management, and organization skills. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Basic HS level math skills required, including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn, understand and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
Why work for Pyrotek-Carlisle?
- Excellent compensation and benefit package
- Safety PPE and Uniforms provided
- Collaborative and innovative team
- 4-day work week, OT Available
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
#Pyrotekcareers #manufacturingjobs #2ndshift #swingshift #pyrotekhiringnow #wearegrowing
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
A minimum one year of work experience as a CNC Machinist or CNC Machine Operator, or successful completion of an Associate’s Degree in machining.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters. Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Determination of calculating requirements to include: basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. G-code and/or conversational programming required.
- Set-up mills by installing and adjusting three to four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers, and indicating vices and trimming heads.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls; and sharpening and replacing worn tools. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized working cell.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment with frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, loud noise levels and/or airborne particles and seasonally hot temperatures. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice