Production Associate - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Second Shift: Monday - Thursday, 2:30 pm - 12:30 am
The Production Associate is responsible for the processing of ceramic material into finished and semi-finished product via mixing tank, mold forming, patching, repairing, vacuum form finishing, drying, and sanding techniques.
- Continuously and efficiently operate vacuum lines, manual palm sander, hand saws, routers, and keyhole drills.
- Efficiently measure the quality of the product using tape measure, calipers, micrometers, and other measurement instrumentation.
- Read and understand work orders and specifications to support fabrication of vacuum formed ceramic fiber insulating shapes.
- Record accurate data for inspection, raw material usage, and part quantity to facilitate accurate system transactions.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Continuously keep work area, including machine and floor clean at all times.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
Salisbury Pyrotek is a great place to work! Check out our Video!
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Generous team member referral program
- Training opportunities & promoting from within
- Collaborative, Innovative and Team Environment
- Four-Day Work Weeks
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED), plus a minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
- Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access team member Self Service.
- Performance Management. Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform mathematical computations in the forms of measurement and other work material calculations, utilizing a calculator.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by a team member to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the team member is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, bend and reach, use hands and fingers, handle or feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lift maneuver/handle material up to 60 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities require both up close and distant sight abilities.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, team member works solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Team member is regularly exposed to noise, hot and cold environmental conditions.
#pyortekhiring #manufacturing #productionjobs #manufacturingjobs #careers #secondshift
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice