Mold Press Operator - 1st Shift
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 5:00 am - 3:00 pm (first shift)
Responsible for the processing of boards and caster tips utilizing heated hydraulic presses.
- Continuously and efficiently operate multiple hydraulic presses concurrently. Ensures priorities and sequences are followed in producing product to meet filter customer requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area, including proper storage and maintenance of tools for production needs.
- Accurately clock in and out of each job via computer terminals throughout shop floor.
- Accurately read work order instructions and proficiently complete operations as required.
- Safely and accurately setup each job based on work order instructions and job prints.
- Proficiently perform basic Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks.
- Promptly notify supervision of any problems or malfunctions of machine and/or barriers in meeting output requirements.
- Ensure accurate completion of quality checks and immediately notify supervision of any out of tolerance readings.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring new opportunities to add value.
- Continuously identifying areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the functions of this position, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, use stairs, bend and reach, use hands and fingers and feel. Frequently lift material weighing up to 30 pounds. Occasionally lift, maneuver/handle material weighing up to 40 pounds. Communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use personal computer and basic calculator. Specific vision abilities required both up close and distant sight abilities.
Work solely within the manufacturing environment where Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required. Employee is regularly exposed to noise, hot (+90F) and cold (40F) environmental conditions.
Must Haves: High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) / Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) highly desired or equivalent combination of education and life experiences. Minimum one (1) year of manufacturing/machine operation experience or training.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems to access material, record labor hours and access Employee Self Service.
Job Specific Skills/Abilities: Ability to understand and use basic mechanical skills. Ability to define problems, collect objective data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment. Ability to read and understand basic drawings. Ability to understand basic scheduling. Ability to perform basic mathematics to measure and determine required materials with or without a calculator, including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing figures that include fractions and decimals.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice