CNC Machinist (2nd Shift)
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Aurora, Ohio
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shift: Monday - Thursday, 4:30 pm - 2:30 am
Responsible for producing machined parts by editing, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communications Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Application Skills: Proficient CNC machining skills (editing programming, tooling knowledge, and ability to read blueprints.) Ability to use and interpret dimensional measuring tools or equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude. Proficient with math skills, especially geometric calculations. Ability to identify and implement improvements. Ability to choose the correct tooling and sharpen based on the application. Use of hoists hand tools and other instruments.
Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgement and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management, and organization skills. Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes. Possess the functional and technical skills which guarantee a high level of accomplishment.
Must Haves: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and life experiences.
Minimum three years of work experience as a CNC Machinist or successful completion of a certificated machining program.
To perform this role successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Follow production schedule by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations and machining parameters. Interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Operate CNC machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches. Determination of calculating requirements to include: basic math, geometry, trigonometry, and proving parts. G-code and/or conversational programming required.
- Set-up CNC machines by performing simple edits, installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating parts with minimal to no assistance.
- Load raw material by lifting stock into position. Verify setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces, and adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, and facing. Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and editing existing programs; and replacing worn tools. Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and reporting issues for repairs.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs. Document actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to accomplishments.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment where employee is frequently exposed to loud noise, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice