Mechanical Design Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Elmsford, New York
This position is within the Mining And Metals Industry
Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Solve customer problems by designing, developing, and testing new or modified mechanical components or systems.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Progressive, flexible and team oriented.
Communications Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style. Ability to develop and lead effective formal presentations to both internal and external customers. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely, editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Application Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems, including; Microsoft Office products, Visio, and a 3-D CAD system. Ability to learn Autodesk Inventor.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Use of resources, analytical skills and process focus to effectively “figure it out.” Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment. Must be hands-on and maintain high energy to drive continuous improvement
Mechanical Engineering. Knowledge and hands on application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes.
Travel. Ability to travel by land and air, both domestically and internationally up to 20%. Valid US Passport or ability to obtain.
Must Haves: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) program with a minimum of 2 years of experience in design; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in primary metals, foundries or other high temperature processing industries preferred.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical proposal, offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and align with the Company's product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Serve in a technical sales role with presentations to key customers and in business development opportunities.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop and ensure compliance with quality and Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) documentation.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, bend and reach, use stairs and lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person, and in writing, and effectively use a personal computer, telephone, and office equipment. This position is moderately active and requires standing, walking, and bending. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as safety shoes, glasses, and hearing protection.
Generally work in an office environment. Will be required to go onto plant floor occasionally as needs/issues arise where PPE may be required due to possible exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts such as overhead cranes, vibration, and moving vehicles. The noise level in manufacturing plants and job sites can be loud. Travel may be required both domestic and international.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice