Manufacturing Program Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Spokane, WA, Washington, United States
Open: 10 September 2018
Serves as the program manager for technology integration efforts on factory floors across the globe. Analyzes manufacturing plants and processes and recommends appropriate implementation of technology to improve quality, reliability, customer satisfaction and/or cost position of company products. Leads the prioritization and implementation of defined technology solutions whilst managing plant, information system and engineering/R&D resources to accomplish the defined mission. Leads the development and annual maintenance of 5-10 year technology integration roadmap.
Bachelors of Science Degree in a related field, preferably Engineering, plus a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a product development/manufacturing environment with a focus on integrating technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization and locations. Genuine with high ethical standards, values, personal integrity, and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Ability to work multi-functionally and obtain collaboration among multiple functional groups is required.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs. An understanding of global English and active listening/communicating with multiple cultures and speakers where English is a second language.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including CAD/CAM, SCADA and/or ERP applications. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Core Business Skills. Ability to present and explain system information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Experience as internal/external spokesperson regarding technology or strategy and with executive presentations. Experience with technical problem solving skills, with multitasking. Ability to work with external and internal partners, including global manufacturing centers, external machinery/systems suppliers and service providers. Ability to be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
Process Engineering. Ability to use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem solving. Strong analysis, design, and implementation experience. Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement and proactive approaches. Experience with tool design, product/process risk assessment, equipment design automation, test methods development and validation, design validation and verification. Demonstrated experience with Lean, six-sigma, or continuous improvement methodologies a plus
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning,
Travel. Ability to travel approximately 50% both domestically and globally to support business needs. Valid US Driver License and current US Passport or ability to obtain.
- Serve as the program manager for all global manufacturing technology projects where automation, data acquisition or other manufacturing technologies are being implemented. Lead cross-functional teams and prioritize efforts based upon Executive Management’s direction.
- Consult with plant management and regional management team(s) on opportunities for automation, data acquisition and/or appropriate technologies to improve quality, reliability, customer satisfaction and/or cost position of company products.
- Plan and coordinate manufacturing processes for new product introductions. Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Work closely with project teams and has occasional contact with business development functions.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Ability to present complex data and/or trends in simple terms to all levels of the company.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally work in an office environment and at Pyrotek manufacturing locations where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Frequently travel in personal vehicle and public transportation, including air travel.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.