Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
Open: 07 March 2019
Responsible for maintaining the good condition and functionality of machines and equipment needed for production operations.
High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience in repair and maintenance of industrial plant equipment. Experience with High temperature kilns, and the installation/ dismantling of equipment preferred.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Machine/Equipment Skills. Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic automation troubleshooting and other systems. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Working knowledge of tools, common equipment and devices. Manual dexterity.
Communication Skills. Ability to write basic notes and enter electronic requisitions. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions. Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations with other employees of the organization. Ability to understand when there is a problem and report it to their lead in a timely manner.
Customer Service Computer/Applications Skills. Basic computer skills required.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide figures to include fractions and decimals. Trained and certified in forklift operations.
Support production operations by ensuring the functionality of production equipment and machines through safe and efficient repair and maintenance. Includes: mixers, heat tunnels, kilns, ovens, conveyors, pumps, and sewing machines/CNC machines.
Ensure that tools and materials are maintained in good working order and are available when needed.
- Ensure both internal and outside customer demands are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to work off shifts and support multiple job sites.
- Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of work area.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and proper PPE required at all times.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, talk or hear. Employee is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently, and 25 to 75 pounds occasionally.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.