Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
Open: 06 March 2019
Assist in maintaining production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies, and staging finished product.
High school diploma or GED. Experience working in a warehouse, preferred.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Computer/Applications Skills. Basic computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products a plus, but not required.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
1. Open containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer or other hand tools.
2. Count, weigh and/or measure incoming or outgoing items in a timely manner.
3. Compare identifying information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records to ensure accuracy. Load and unload delivery trucks using hand trucks, pallet jacks or fork lifts.
4. Examine incoming shipments for damage or shortages and correspond with supervisor in a timely manner to rectify.
5. Assist in reviewing pick sheets based on customer orders (production demand) and pulling the right products for each order.
6. Perform part kitting and delivery of kits to production lines.
7. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
8. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
9. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
10. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
11. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
12. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
13. Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Job requires minimal amount of time working at a PC and effective use of a personal computer, office equipment and telephone. Must be able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Frequently required to stand or walk.
Majority of time will be in a warehouse environment where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open shipping doors. Minimal amount of outdoor work may be required loading/unloading flatbed trucks. The employee is occasionally exposed to warm or hot conditions (non-weather), dust and hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment can be high.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.