Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Spokane Valley, WA, Washington, United States
Open: 04 March 2019 until 18 March 2019
Responsible for repairing production molds, assisting with mold development, basic design support, product sample preparation, and production support.
High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of 1 to 2 years cabinet making/precision woodworking experience.
Machine/Equipment Skills. Proficiency with woodworking tools, both hand and motorized. Comfortable operating table saw.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization. Must be able to set effective priorities and adjust quickly and appropriately to changing demands and needs. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards and work instructions. Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely, and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to understand when there is a problem and report it to their supervisor in a timely manner.
Customer Service Computer/Applications Skills. Basic computer skills required. Proficient with measurements and specifications. Basic understanding of cast materials, adhesives, coatings, etc. Working knowledge of blueprints, dimensions and cad designs.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out.” Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide figures to include fractions and decimals. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
1) Perform the following functions in support of constant vigilance to end product manufacturability:
a) Maintain superior mold quality in terms of fit and finish detail.
b) Repair molds, tracking repair frequency.
c) Develop new molds, to include design support and development of new or improved control processes.
d) Perform maintenance on mold and minor equipment.
2) Assist in resolving Internal and External Customer complaints and Supplier, Intra-departmental and Department to Department product non-conformities in a timely manner
3) Maintain physical condition and cleanliness of R&D work areas.
4) Ensure proper use of equipment and required PPE at all times.
5) Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
6) Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
7) Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
8) Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both in your department and across the organization.
9) Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
10) Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
11) Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
12) Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, talk or hear. Employee is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally.
Generally working in a manufacturing environment where noise, heat and other hazardous environmental elements exist. While performing the duties of this job, proper personal protective equipment is required at all times.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.