Ceramic Foam Production Associate (Day & Night)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Spokane Valley, WA, Washington, United States
Open: 06 December 2018
Responsible for different stages in the manufacturing of ceramic foam filters.
Day - 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Night - 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
High school diploma or GED equivalency required.
Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Ability to work independently, without significant direction and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”.
1. Accurately and efficiently move process materials in accordance with established procedures to maintain equipment uptime.
2. Operate and monitor production support equipment to include but not limited to: electric dryer, high shear mixer, gas fired kiln, mixing tanks, scales and automated conveyors.
3. Participate in regulatory inspections as needed.
4. Take and record accurate product measurements.
5. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
6. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
7. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
8. Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
9. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
10. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
11. Perform other tasks as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to stand for long periods-of-time, bend and reach. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Majority of time will be in a manufacturing environment where PPE may be required. Periodic exposure to outdoor environment through open doors.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.