Global Manager - Sales Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Spokane/Corporate, Washington, United States
Open: 29 May 2019
Acts as a resource to the General Managers to facilitate the Sales Leadership Council’s mission of achieving core account growth/satisfaction and the continuous improvement of Pyrotek’s sales processes. Develops comprehensive training program that supports Pyrotek’s effort to continuously improve sales best practices and qualitative, long-term, profitable growth of core customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical field, plus a minimum of five years’ sales and sales management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience leading/presenting sales training is required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing and/or global environment
- Sales training certification/accreditation (e.g. Miller Heiman)
- Experience with digital learning platforms
Core People Skills/Credibility. Ability to positively interact, and work collaboratively with, a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. High ethical standards and values, including personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply common sense to a variety of situations.
Change Agent/Strategic. Courage to make and encourage others to make difficult decisions. Ability to foster commitment to the shared mission and vision of Pyrotek and actively lead in development/execution of strategic goals and objectives related to assigned responsibility. Demonstrated ability to solicit and manage the development of innovative approaches to current and emerging business challenges, while taking into account strategic implications.
Demonstrated Leadership Skills. Builds a culture of tolerance, acceptance and civility by setting an example to staff. Demonstrated ability to coach and motivate staff in planning, strategic sales, decision-making, teamwork, and process improvement. Ability to provide regular performance feedback and to write annual performance reviews. Ability to foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide teams toward excellence and acting with integrity and ethics. Ability to develop staff skills and encourage growth, and to foster quality focus including improving sales and customer service processes and procedures.
Communication Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
Computer/Applications Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems, including MS Office Word, Excel, SharePoint and PPT and CRM software.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Displays willingness to make decisions and work independently, without significant direction, and to use resources effectively to “figure it out”. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment. Exceptional prioritization, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue. Conserves organizational resources. Aligns work with strategic goals. Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
Business Sales Acumen. Demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability and prices products and services accordingly. Demonstrated knowledge of market and competition. Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Training/Development. Ability to develop and present effective sales related training sessions using emerging technology. Ability to coach/mentor and provide feedback on self-development, motivation for sales, self-confidence, and sales planning. Ability to create an optimum environment for learning and orienting new team members.
Professional Investment. Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development and life-long learning. Proactively involved with professional and community organizations that promote professional growth and/or enhance Pyrotek’s ability to meet and/or exceed goals and objectives. Demonstrated passion for developing others.
Flexibility. Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and perform beyond a normal workday/workweek.
Travel. Ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and globally. Valid driver’s license and Passport required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive, sustainable and evolving sales training program that enhances the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA) of the sales team toward building a world-class sales organization, ensuring qualitative, long-term and profitable growth of core customers. This includes:
a. Creation of programs that:
i. develop the sales manager’s KSA to effectively coach, train, reinforce and refine the Pyrotek Sales Process (PSP); and
ii. develop sales engineers selling/business skills and market intelligence.
b. Facilitation of the design, preparation and delivery of training/development programs for sales engineers and sales managers.
c. Creation and maintenance of a formalized, standardized on-boarding program for all new sales team members designed to equip them with the company knowledge and sales/business skills to successfully grow their assigned customer base, to include training materials, curriculum, testing and certification.
d. Development of a “train the trainer” program to support the growth and development of Pyrotek’s global sales management team.
e. Research, selection and facilitation of complimentary outside sales training resources.
f. Use of a variety of delivery methods to continuously improve the ability to learner, including the use of emerging technologies.
2. In coordination with the GM group and Sales Leadership Council (SLC) develop and maintain a set of common global metrics to measure and enhance overall sales manager and sales engineer performance.
3. Establish and maintain a global corporate library of relevant training materials for individual and group sales training to be used by sales managers and sales engineers to continuously improve their knowledge, skill and sales effectiveness.
4. Establish a formal, annual performance planning and review process focused on maximizing the growth of the sales engineer and the delivered value to Pyrotek’s core customers utilizing PSP.
5. Supervise, coach support, train and develop personnel in assigned area; resolve personnel issues, redirecting complex issues to management and HR in a timely manner; directly manage employees, including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating performance/compensation, resolving grievances, administering disciplinary action, interviewing employment candidates, and effectively recommending hires and terminations in a timely manner.
6. Ensure effective communication of goals, objectives and expectations throughout assigned department/staff. Maintain the cooperation and support of team members company-wide through effective interdepartmental communication. Serve as a role model in areas such as professionalism, service orientation, agent of change, education, and commitment to organizational goals and objectives.
7. Foster attitudes, conditions and environments that guide the global sales team toward excellence while acting with integrity and ethics aligned with Pyrotek core values. Create a work environment that helps foster tolerance, acceptance and civility and the ability and desire of employees to act in empowered ways. Actively reward / recognize employees to reinforce accomplishments and positive outcomes.
8. Determine the effectiveness of policies, procedures and projects/plans. Take appropriate corrective measures when necessary. Identify new applications, innovations, quality and/or safety improvements and report findings/results to management. Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with federal/national, state/regional and local regulations.
9. Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility. Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
10. Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
11. Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolution skills. Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
12.0Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures. Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
13. Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
14. Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
15.As a member of the management team, promote and ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
16. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
While performing the essential responsibilities of this position, employee generally will work in an office environment. Travel up to 50% by land and air, both domestic and global.
At Pyrotek, we believe that, our employees, are our most important asset. We help our employees and their families maintain good health-physical, emotional, and financial.
Competitive benefits including profit sharing, educational assistance, medical, dental, vision, 401k, wellness program
Successful candidates can expect an initial phone screen followed by a series of in-person interviews. We like candidates to speak to a variety of people to really gain an understanding of Pyrotek!
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.