Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle, PA, Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 01 March 2019
Under direction from the Maintenance Supervisor the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining and repairing automation and/or production equipment and all facility assets and the associated equipment; using good judgement and accepted maintenance procedures and safety practices.
The duties that the position entails will be Installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, equipment, physical structures, and general mechanics with electrical and mechanical/HVAC/plumbing and general maintenance in the facility. These duties may include, but not limited to replacement /repair plumbing and painting and internal and external environmental services for the facility.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) or Vocational Degree
- Associate degree Mechatronics or similar preferred 5+ year’s experience in an industrial equipment environment.
- Must Possess Valid Drivers License with Good Driving Record.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills: electrical systems, electronics, and ladder logic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Experience with (CNC) machining or other equivalent machinery. Microsoft Office, CMMC (Company maintenance management systems.)
Noon to 10PM with Shift Differential
Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values, and personal integrity and honesty. Ability to apply a large measure of common sense to a variety of situations.
Machine/Equipment Skills. Ability to read and comprehend facility and equipment drawings. Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems. Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods. Working knowledge of tools, common equipment and devices. Manual dexterity.
Communication Skills. Ability to write basic notes. Ability to read and interpret information such as safety rules, work standards, work instructions. Ability to discuss job related information in one-on-one and small group situations with other employees of the organization. Ability to understand when there is a problem and report it to their lead in a timely manner.
Customer Service Computer/Applications Skills. Basic computer skills required.
Core Business Skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in handling of proprietary and confidential information. Strong critical thinking skills, judgment and keen attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide figures to include fractions and decimals.
- Visually inspects and tests and troubleshoots machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with production supervisors or other Maintenance Technician to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans, lubricates, maintains and repairs machines, equipment and building systems.
- Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventative/reactive maintenance activities on equipment, buildings, grounds and automobiles.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other structures.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Troubleshoot any reported defects and diagnose issues or abnormalities with CNC production equipment including but not limited to routers, milling machines, lathes, hand held power tools, air compressors, cranes, material handling equipment and the associated systems and carry out quality repairs to the affected equipment.
- Electrical and mechanical repair of all production and/or material handling equipment and PLC based control systems including but not limited to the following manufacturers and the associated operating systems: Haas, Fadal, Robodrill, Doosan, Heian, MultiCam, Hendrick, Bridgeport and any other equipment associated with the daily operations of the facility.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining all equipment in good working order with quality preventive maintenance practices and procedures.
- Proper documentation all repairs, and preventive maintenance performed to equipment in the CMMS.
- Communicate effectively the need of any repair parts, supplies, tools or equipment to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform routine and building maintenance including internal and external environmental and sanitation cleanup.
- Keeping sidewalks clear, swept and clear of obstructions throughout seasons.
- Repairing or replacing broken light fixtures and minor damaged ceilings and walls.
- Refurbishing plant involving painting, floor care, pressure washing and fixture caulking, etc.
- Cross-training in other functional areas as assigned. Other duties as assigned.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands or arms; occasionally required to climb stairs, talk or hear. Employee is required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds frequently and 25 to 75 pounds occasionally.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to warm or hot conditions (non-weather), dust and hazardous materials. The noise level in the work environment can be high. Proper personal protective equipment is required always.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.