Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carlisle , Pennsylvania, United States
Open: 01 June 2018
As part of the US Glass fabrication team, the CNC Machinists is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Able to move to various machines and responsibilities as per business and customer needs.
Schedule is M-Th
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)/ Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC), or equivalent combination of education and work related experiences.
Associates degree in manufacturing or formal technical training – highly desiredMinimum three years of work experience as a CNC MachinistG-code CNC programmingFamiliarization with: HAAS CNC Vertical and Horizontal MillsHAAS and Okuma Lathes.
- Promote positive employee and customer relations by supporting Pyrotek’s commitment to a working environment of tolerance, acceptance and civility.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all time.
- Maintain regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance, as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Actively and positively participate in problem resolution, demonstrating constructive communication, timely response and effective resolutions skills.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
- Cooperate and comply fully with all Pyrotek policies and procedures.
- Actively support and follow the Pyrotek Safety Program.
- Participate in company/department meetings, training activities, continuing education programs and other associated activities.
- Consistently promote and communicate Pyrotek’s core values through work performance and excellent customer service.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specification, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available, anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock, verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops and stock pushers; indicating vices, trimming heads.
- Load feed mechanism by lifting stock into positon.
- Verifies setting by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specification by observing drilling, grooving and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedure and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.